This is the application for the Business Owner Cash Award Track for Motor City Match. The application deadline is October 1, 2019.
This application is for the Cash Award Track.
Note: all correspondence regarding your application will be sent to the email address you used to log in to the application system. If you do not actively use that email address, we encourage you to contact Submittable staff to change your login. Please check your spam folder for notifications.
The Cash award track is for businesses that have a location secured, a plan for build-out and a strong understanding of the money needed to start their business and complete renovations at the space. Awardees will have the opportunity to apply to Motor City Match lending partners for financing. If there are gaps in financing after loans have been secured, applicants will be considered for matching grants. Maximum grants awards are $100,000 per project. Up to $500,000 will be awarded per round.
Directions: Please fill out the application below. Businesses are limited to one application. If a business owner submits multiple applications for the same business, that business will be removed from award consideration.
Application Scoring: Businesses will be scored based on five criteria. Each criterion is worth 20 points. Applicants can earn up to 100 points.
1. Vision and plan for the business based on the soundness, completeness and creativity of the concept.
2. Experience and capacity of the business owners and key members of the business team.
3. Market opportunity to meet economic demand and advance business district revitalization.
4. Community support for new business including benefit to low to moderate income communities.
5. Leverage of business owner investment and other community investment initiatives in the area.