This is the application for the Business Owner Design Track for Motor City Match. The application deadline is October 1st, 2019.
Note: all correspondence regarding your application will be sent to the email address you used to log in to the application system. If you do not actively use that email address, we encourage you to contact Submittable staff to change your login. Please check your spam folder for notifications.
This application is for the Design award track.
What do I get? Selected businesses will receive design assistance to create construction documents required for permitting for build-out of their prospective space, a color rendering of the design and a opinion of probable cost for construction. Design awardees are provided need-based technical assistance for their businesses.
The Design award track is for business owners need a building permit for the work desired for the space. An applicant must have (1) a strong business plan or (2) a track record of success (3) a match with a commercial space, documented by a letter of intent (LOI), a lease or a deed.
Directions: Please fill out the application below. Businesses are limited to one application. If a business owner submits multiple applications for the same business, that business will be removed from award consideration.
Application Scoring: Businesses will be scored based on five criteria. Each criterion is worth 20 points. Applicants can earn up to 100 points.
1. Vision and plan for the business based on the soundness, completeness and creativity of the concept.
2. Experience and capacity of the business owners and key members of the business team.
3. Market opportunity to meet economic demand and advance business district revitalization.
4. Community support for new business including benefit to low to moderate income communities.
5. Leverage of business owner investment and other community investment initiatives in the area.