This is the application for the Business Owner Track for Motor City Match. The application deadline is October 1st, 2019.
Note: all correspondence regarding your application will be sent to the email address you used to log in to the application system. If you do not actively use that email address, we encourage you to contact Submittable staff to change your login. Please check your spam folder for notifications.
This application is for the Space award track.
What do I get? Selected businesses will receive assistance identifying a location or a plan for expansion. Space awardees are provided need-based technical assistance for their businesses.
The Space award track is for business owners who are ready to open and need help finding a space. An applicant must have (1) a strong business plan or (2) a track record of success. Awardees will receive one-to-one matching with the top 25 properties from the Building Owner Track.
Directions: Please fill out the application below. Businesses are limited to one application. If a business owner submits multiple applications for the same business, that business will be removed from award consideration.
Application Scoring: Businesses will be scored based on five criteria. Each criterion is worth 20 points. Applicants can earn up to 100 points.
1. Vision and plan for the business based on the soundness, completeness and creativity of the concept.
2. Experience and capacity of the business owners and key members of the business team.
3. Market opportunity to meet economic demand and advance business district revitalization.
4. Community support for new business including benefit to low to moderate income communities.
5. Leverage of business owner investment and other community investment initiatives in the area.